Synchronized Flow Technology
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is a non-pharmaceutical mechanical solution that provides effective1 and safe3 prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) for hospital to home use. ActiveCare® fully meets the ACCP 2012 Guidelines to prevent DVT after total joint replacement for the whole duration of prophylaxis: from hospital to home.
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. identifies the patient’s normal venous blood flow pulses, and actively synchronizing it to the natural rhythm. Its compact size and unique portability allows it to be worn on a continuous basis.
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. achieves an exceptionally high compliance rate that can be easily monitored via the display on the unit’s LCD screen.
- It consists of a lightweight miniature mobile unit (1.65 lb), with compression sleeves that can be easily wrapped around the patient’s lower limbs. The system can operate either by built in rechargeable battery or AC/DC adapter.
- ActiveCare®+S.F.T. (with or without Aspirin) is effective1 and safe3 DVT prevention without the risk of bleeding complications.
- It is portable and capable of delivering continuous DVT prevention on a 24 hour basis for both acute care (in-hospital) and home care (post discharge) settings, based on its synchronized flow technology (S.F.T.)
- ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is cleared for market in several geographies.
- Click here for detailed clinical research.
- ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is the brand name of a medical device classified as Continuous Enhanced Circulation Therapy (C.E.C.T. ).
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is indicated for use in:
- Preventing Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Diminishing post-operative pain and swelling
- Reducing wound healing time
- Patients at risk for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and related Pulmonary Embolism (PE)(Venous Thromboembolism (VTE))
- Treatment of venous stasis
- Treatment and assistance in healing: Stasis dermatitis, venous stasis ulcers, arterial and
- diabetic leg ulcers
- Enhancing blood circulation
- Treatment of chronic venous insufficiency
- Reducing edema
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. Offers you Significant Benefits in the Prevention of DVT
- Decision Support ActiveCare®+S.F.T. has supporting data to allow the surgeon to make an informed decision, based on the patient risk as to his/her DVT prevention protocol.
- Reduced Bleeding Risk ActiveCare®+S.F.T. reduces the risk of major bleeding complications.
- 24-Hour Prevention ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is small and portable allowing patient mobility and 24-hour preventative therapy.
- Monitors Patient Compliance ActiveCare®+S.F.T. routinely monitors patient true compliance, providing patients, caregivers and physicians real-time information.
- User-friendly ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is user-friendly and has an LCD screen that provides data on patient compliance and troubleshooting information.
- Cost Effective ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is a cost effective DVT prevention therapy. The device minimizes the occurrence of major bleeding complications and the need for supplementary blood products that may lead to costly readmissions.
Clinical Studies Show:
JBJS Feb 2014 leading article: “Use of the mobile compression device with or without aspirin for patients undergoing arthroplasty of alower-extremity joint provides a noninferior risk for the development of venous thromboembolism compared with current pharmacological protocols.”1
JBJS 2010 leading article: The use of ActiveCare® yields significant decrease in serious bleeding.2
ActiveCare®+SFT treatment cost $365.90 less than the low molecular weight heparin treatment 3
1. Colwell, C.W. Froimson, M.I. Anseth, S.D., Giori, N.J, Hamilton, W.G, Barrack, R.L., Buehler, K.C.; Mont, M.A;. Padgett, D.E., Pulido P.A.; and Barnes, C.L., Thrombosis Prevention Using a Portable Compression Device as Monotherapy in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2014 Feb 05;96(3):177-183
2. Colwell, C.W. Jr., Froimson M.I., Mont M.A., Ritter M.A., Trousdale R.T., Buehler K.C., Spitzer A., Donaldson T.K., Padgett D.E. Thrombosis prevention after total hip arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized trial comparing a mobile compression device with LMWH.
J Bone Joint Surg Am 2010;92(3):527-535
3. Colwell, C.W. Jr., Froimson M.I., Mont M.A., Ritter M.A., Trousdale R.T., Buehler K.C., Spitzer A., Donaldson T.K., Padgett D.E. Cost-Effectiveness of Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis With a New Mobile Device After Total Hip Arthroplasty. The Journal of Arthroplasty, September 2012; 27(8):1417-1584
Synchronized Flow Technology
Synchronized Flow Technology (S.F.T.®), is a patented and proprietary technology that allows ActiveCare®+S.F.T. to determine the venous phasic flow of each patient and to synchronize compressions to the patient’s after surgery individual flow pattern.
As a result, S.F.T. produces an optimal hemodynamic profile, while comfortably delivering its compression impact to the deep veins (50 mm Hg) with only minor impact on the legs or feet.