Synchronized Flow Technology
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is a clinically proven non-pharmaceutical mechanical solution that provides effective prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) for hospital to home use. ActiveCare® is the only system that fully meets the ACCP 2012 Guidelines as standalone therapy without the need of drugs to prevent DVT after total joint replacement for the whole duration of prophylaxis: from hospital to home.
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. identifies the patient’s normal venous blood flow pulses, and actively synchronizing it to the natural rhythm. Its compact size and unique portability allows it to be worn on a continuous basis.
ActiveCare®+S.F.T. achieves an exceptionally high compliance rate, that can be easily monitored via the display on the unit’s LCD screen.
- It consists of a lightweight miniature mobile unit (1.65 lb), with compression sleeves that can be easily wrapped around the patient’s lower limbs. The system can operate either by built in rechargeable battery or AC/DC adapter.
- It is a safe and highly effective way to reduce the risk of blood clot formation and prevent DVT, with or with Aspirin.
- It is portable and capable of delivering continuous DVT prevention on a 24 hour basis for both acute care (in-hospital) and home care (post discharge) settings, based on its synchronized flow technology (S.F.T.)
- ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is cleared for market in several geographies.
- Click here for detailed clinical research.
- ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is the brand name of a medical device classified as Continuous Enhanced Circulation Therapy (C.E.C.T. ).
As a Clinically Proven Noninvasive Alternative to Drugs, ActiveCare®+S.F.T. Offers you Significant Benefits in the Prevention of DVT
- Monotherapy Treatment ActiveCare®+S.F.T. has supporting data to allow the surgeon to make an informed decision, based on the patient risk as to his/her DVT prevention protocol. Namely, the use of ActiveCare+S.F.T. +/- aspirin or in conjunction with anticoagulant drugs.
- Reduced Bleeding Risk ActiveCare®+S.F.T. reduces the risk of major bleeding complications.
- 24-Hour Prevention ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is small and portable allowing patient mobility and 24-hour preventative therapy.
- Monitors Patient Compliance ActiveCare®+S.F.T. routinely monitors patient true compliance, providing patients, caregivers and physicians real-time information.
- User-friendly ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is user-friendly and has an LCD screen that provides data on patient compliance and troubleshooting information.
- Cost Effective ActiveCare®+S.F.T. is a cost effective DVT prevention therapy. The device reduces the need of drugs, blood products requirements and as such minimize the occurrence of major bleeding complications and the need for supplementary blood products that may lead to costly readmissions.
Clinical Studies Show:
At least as good as any of the leading drugs in the market.2
“Use of the mobile compression device with or without aspirin for patients undergoing arthroplasty of alower-extremity joint provides a noninferior risk for the development of venous thromboembolism compared
with current pharmacological protocols.” 1
Clinically proven monotherapy for DVT prevention with no major bleeding complications.3
ACCP 2012 Recommendation for Monotherapy DVT Prevention in THA,TKA and HF Surgery:
“… we recommend the use of only portable battery-operated IPCDs capable of recording and reporting proper wear time on a daily basis for inpatient and outpatient.” 1
1. Falck-Ytter Y., Francis C.W., Johanson N.A., Curley C., Dahl O.E., Schulman S., Ortel T.L., Pauker S.G., Colwell C.W. Jr., Prevention of VTE in orthopedic surgery patients: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012 Feb;141(2 Suppl):e278S-325S
2. Colwell, C.W. Froimson, M.I. Anseth, S.D., Giori, N.J, Hamilton, W.G, Barrack, R.L., Buehler, K.C.; Mont, M.A;. Padgett, D.E., Pulido P.A.; and Barnes, C.L., Thrombosis Prevention Using a Portable Compression Device as Monotherapy in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2014 Feb 05;96(3):177-183
3. Colwell, C.W. Jr., Froimson M.I., Mont M.A., Ritter M.A., Trousdale R.T., Buehler K.C., Spitzer A., Donaldson T.K., Padgett D.E. Thrombosis prevention after total hip arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized trial comparing a mobile compression device with LMWH.
J Bone Joint Surg Am 2010;92(3):527-535
4. Froimson M., Murray T., Fazekas A., Venous thromboembolic disease reduction with a portable pneumatic compression device.
J Arthroplasty 2009;24(2):310-316
Synchronized Flow Technology
Synchronized Flow Technology (S.F.T.®), is a patented and proprietary technology that allows ActiveCare®+S.F.T. to determine the venous phasic flow of each patient and to synchronize compressions to the patient’s after surgery individual flow pattern.
As a result, S.F.T. produces an optimal hemodynamic profile, while comfortably delivering its compression impact to the deep veins (50 mm Hg) with only minor impact on the legs or feet.